Ideal C2 lot to build QSR, gas station, car wash, or medical office with its rare freeway visibility and location on the 99 Freeway off-ramp, only one block from Rosedale Highway. The 37,897 SF lot shares 500 feet of freeway frontage and signage could be visible from the 99 Freeway, which averages 162,000 vehicles per day. On the signalized corner of Buck Owens Blvd and Sillect Ave, the property enjoys an additional 300 ft of frontage along Buck Owens Blvd, where traffic counts are 50,000 vehicles per day.
Kern County designates C-2 zoning as the widest range of retail commercial activities, including regional shopping centers and heavy commercial uses. The purpose of this zone is to permit development of concentrated large-scale retail operations providing a broad range of goods and services which serve the metropolitan market area.
The block’s retail and hospitality businesses service the nearby Kern Family Health Care Government/Medical Office, Bakersfield Heart Hospital, medical offices, and government buildings, Kern County Superior Court as well as the San Lauren industrial neighborhood and Riviera/Westchester residential neighborhood.
Several businesses drive traffic into the area including the Crystal Palace, a live music venue just across the street with a capacity of 550 and The BLVD, a 104,000 square foot entertainment venue built in 2015. Four hotels are also on the the same block such as the Duniya Hotel (199 rooms), Roadrunner Inn & Suites (45 rooms), La Quinta Inn by Wyndham (128 rooms) and the Rosedale Inn (100 rooms). Multiple restaurants are also in the area including a drive-through Starbucks, Arby’s, Denny’s and IHOP.
Sillect Avenue leads to medical office buildings with over 100,000 square feet of medical staff, patients and family members including Kern Family Health Care, a +110,000 SF government medical office building built in 2019 and Bakersfield Heart Hospital, an +86,000 SF specialty hospital built in 2000. Kern County Superior Court is located one block north of this property.
The site is easily accessed from 24th Street and Rosedale Highway, a main east-west artery, with numerous retail and hospitality brands, including Bakersfield’s original Costco, off this intersection.
- List Price: $2,000,000
- Lot Size: 37,897 SF/0.87 Acres
- Price Per Sq.Ft.: $52.77
- Zoning: C-2
- APN: 332-152-33-00-4
- Nearest Cross Streets: Sillect Avenue
- Intersection: Highway 99 Signalized On-Ramp and Off-Ramp
- Potential Uses:
- Fast Food
- Medical Offices
- Gas Station/Car Wash (approvals estimated in 60-90 days)
- Area Businesses: On the same intersection, Kern Family HealthCare built a +/- 110,000 SF government/medical office building in 2019. Sillect Ave leads to the Bakersfield Heart Hospital built in 2000 as well as over 100,000 SF of medical buildings. Kern County Superior Court is one block north of the property.
- Retail/Hospitality: Share the block with Starbucks, Arby’s, Denny’s and IHOP. Directly across the street is the popular live music venue Crystal Palace, drawing traffic and crowds during the evenings and weekends. There are 4 hotels on this block, offering a total of 472 rooms.
- Industrial Businesses: Across the highway from the San Lauren industrial area that includes Old Dominion Freight Lines, Valley Construction Supply, CalSpeed & Performance and USA Fabrication.